anonymous archers

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 11:54:30 +0800

Bryan
>And how great and powerful a "hero" was the anonymous archer who slew
>Richard I, arguably one of the great heroes of England (in the mythic sense)?

Given that Richard I didn't have the sort of combat ability (or other ability useable to defend against arrows) that allowed him to take on armies single handedly, the anonymous archer could nail him in HW too with no problem. Richards alleged heroic leadership or whatever notwithstanding.

        And, as Eric points out, in HW you handle the hordes of anonymous archers as hordes of anonymous archers, which led by a good leader can be quite a serious threat.

	Cheers
		David