Good Shadow's grumbling

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 12:40:08 +0900

Blue Moon quibbling:

Peter Metcalph:
>Valkyries are an order of female knights in Loskalm.

Why was Gunda called Half Valkyrie? I guessed this word "valkyrie is not social caste class, it is some of containing storm worship source, and Talorism before GL is much-more polytheistic-paganism than New Hrestoli as Carmania source suggested"

I don't have Codex Magazine or other Fronelan source, is there any mention of Valkyrie host in Current Loskalm?
>>Red Moon Seventh Solution: same Hermaprodite Jernotius of Northwestern
>>Peloria

>Actually the Pelorians blame her on the Belling Hell whereas
>the Natha, the Goddess of the Second Hell (according to the
>GRAY), is associated with bells. So he's an incarnation
>of Natha according to them.

>But she has multiple origins (renegade star captain, dwarf
>reject etc) and so I think he's more than just the incarnation
>of Natha.

sorry, I cannot say understanding this head meaning because pronoun and subject: Natha, Jernotia, Androgeus. I guess first "her" maybe Andro, next "he" also Andro...all are Andro...
and both Natha and Jernotia are seen as one incarnate of Moon Goddess in Lunar Doctrine, if he / she appeared as repulsion of nature to this distorted
Lunar Condition....Androgeous is independent Superhero unit.

Heros Dictionary:
>Androgeous of Jesalma
>Many tales are told of Androgeous's origins. All agree that she came to
Glorantha during >the Great Night. He mothered five children and fathered four, and managed to save >thousands of humans from death. Her children were called the Unclean Races, the Walkers >of Chaos, the Eaters of Life, and the Unnatural ones. Androgeous's career of heroism >resulted in his baneful attachment to this world by a web of grievances, vengeance, debt, >and a mystic link between Time and Godtime. As a result, she has become the eternal >servant of suffering people.

Keith N
>>Androgeus of Jesarma (personality)
>>Red Moon Seventh Solution: same Hermaprodite Jernotius of Northwestern
>>Peloria>>

>I am often perplexed as to the whereabouts of Androgeous. One of our
>SuperHeroes is missing! I also wondered if Androgeus was some sort of
>of Jernotius but wasn't convinced she was.

but Jernotia is Rufelza in a sense.

<< Gunda Guilty and Valkyrie Host (personality)
>First Appearance: White Bear and Red Moon
>Nature: She was half-valkyrie whose mother raped by sage
>Blue Moon Critic: What on earth is Valkyrie existence in Glorantha?
>Red Moon Seventh Solution:>>

I just assumed Valkyries were some sort of warrior spirit women for escortign
the dead. Gloranthan Trolls are not much like Norweigan ones after all.

IMG, I think some center of Valkyrie cult / Family /society like Trowjang Amazons
exists in Somewhere of Upper Janube in some magical circumstance.

same Hero dictionary
>Gunda the Guilty
>Daughter of a valkyrie who was conquered and raped by a cruel philosopher.
When she >was 12 she claimed by combat her first pack of wolf-pirates. She escaped from and killed >the Queen of the Kiss, and has become a close friend of Harrek.

Harrek is never Friend of Hrestoli.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #381