Re: cowardly YT

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_paralynx.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 23:12:50 -0800

> From: Theo Posselt <tposselt_at_dttus.com>
> Subject: those cowardly YT
>

> So, by that logic, what would a Yanafali be expected to do when
> confronted with a choice between exemplifying bravery, and pursuing a
> more tactical path? If it makes more sense to send in waves of
> hoplites before putting the officers at risk, would they consider that
> cowardly?

It depends on the YT's job but in general they will not send troops into a fight that they would not go themselves. An Urvairnic or Daxdarian officer would send the troops in while sipping iced lemon-aide and discussing the current Imperial gossip but the Yanafali would be at the front of the troops.

Having said that, he would not be in the fighting-line of certain units. The traditional DH phalanxes, for example, would lose their magic if he broke their formation up by standing there.

> I personally had always thought that would be a distinction between a
> Yanafali and, say, an orlanthi warrior: that the Yanafali wouldn't
> feel as constrained by immediate displays of foolhardy courage, but
> would be more able to sacrifice others if necessary. Indeed, this
> would seem to be one of the strengths of a civilized army confronting
> a barbarian one (to use some loaded terms).

Agreed but I do not see this being part of the Cult. This is part of the culture. An Aggari Highlander who worships YT is going to be just as foolhardy as any other Orlanthi.

wquadros_at_paralynx.com
www.bvcompuworks.com/wesley