Killing Heroes

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 16:52:04 -0800

>If it is really true that 28 archers have a "shot" at an hero, I feel
>better. The difference between 99.9% security and 100% security may not
>seem like much, but it is all the difference in the world in terms of the
>behavior of the people involved, whether in real life or in RPGs.
>Jim Chapin

Frankly, I've always considered it to be far more dangerous and likely for a Hero to be defeated in HW than in RQ. In RQ you can get Rune Magic and various enchantments (strengthening, etc.) that do make your Hero invulnerable to anonymous archers. In HW you don't have that level of invulnerability that RQ can confer. It can be damn hard mind you, but never impossible like in RQ.

Eric Rowe