Making the digest more accessible

From: Alain RAMEAU <Alain.RAMEAU_at_total.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2000 10:39:32 +0100

Hi,

I've been lurking for many years now, sometimes even posting, and that's true I do not understand some of the topics discussed on the digest.

The main problem, IMO, is that in order to understand those very dry topics, you must have done a thesis on King of Sartar or other limited edition documents on Glorantha. What I am lacking is definitely references, as to names, places and terms used in such discussions.

I don't know how practical it could be, but having some definitions of the terms used when not reasonably common knowledge, would be very helpful.

For character names, I'd like to know which civilization they belong to, what time period, what position that character had. For places, where about in Glorantha ?
For events, when about did they take place ? For deities, which pantheon they belong too and which civilisation worship them.

With these basic answer, I would better equipped to follow the discussion (I do not say posting yet).

Apart from the practicability of it, another obvious problem will be the risk of further endless discussion on the definition itself, as I am pretty sure it will be difficult to get a consensus on same !

Alain.
http://www.karamo.btinternet.co.uk/rq.htm

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #390