Location of ITCs

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:07:24 +1300

David Cake:

>>>Get the to the Genertela book - "Mandarins rarely deal directly
>>>with the populace, but are served by a variety of functionaries of
>>>officers."

Me>>Which looks and feels wrong and, I'm quite happy to say, is wrong.

> So, In Your Glorantha,

I am not talking about my glorantha here. Look at one of the authors for upcoming Introduction to Glorantha Book and see why.

> Actually, I think a bigger potential disagreement between Peter and
>I on the ITC is that when they are described as 'hell on earth',Peter
>seems to take this somewhat more literally, whereas I take it as rather
>more metaphorical.

There is no published description of the ITCs as "Hell on Earth" and I do not believe they are located in Kralorela. Furthermore the metaphorical model would have to explain why people can expect to serve at least a hundred years in the camps (and only slightly less if they abuse it like Sheng Seleris did).

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #394