A lunars worth?

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:58:10 +0200

: From: GAZZA <gazza_at_wantree.com.au>
: Subject: How much is a Lunar worth?

: (BTW, to settle a previous question - no, I am regrettably not
: the soccer player. Name is "Gary"; "GAZZA" is a common nickname.
: Sorry to disappoint.)

: Thanks for the answers to "what do the gods know", guys. I've got
: another one for you: how much is a Lunar/Penny/Guilder worth?

  ---

IMO and IMG I've nailed it down so that a silver coin is worth about 50FMk, that is about 10$. This seems to make the most of the prices on the lists make sense. Also it fit's the pattern on terran history. Especially in the early times money was really in it's worth, and people didn't lug around hundreads of coins usually. A wealthy man's entire fortune could have been something like 40 silvers.

I recently aquired the RQ-2 rulebook, and I think it said 1L = 5$.

Of course one has to remember that the relative prices of things have changed a lot. And most manufactured things are much more expensive than one would think. It pays to look up how _long_ it took somebody to manufacture the thing the PC is trying to buy, it's fairly easy to see if the prices make sense relative to that.

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.