Own name dropping...

From: D. Pearton <pearton_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 00:45:16 -0800 (PST)

Foolishly stepping into the line of fire...
> From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
> > So, In Your Glorantha,
>
> I am not talking about my glorantha here. Look at one of the
> authors for upcoming Introduction to Glorantha Book and see why.

Oy, am I the only one who finds this a little off? Calm down Peter - none of this "One True Glorantha" stuff. I thought we were all a bit beyond name dropping here, especially if that name was our own.

If this ITC debate is generating this much heat and so little light why don't you guys take it off-line for a while and come back with a synopsis. I for one think that Alex's compromise is eminantly sensible, and, most importantly, the most MGF.

Actually it seems as if we have a perfectly valid model for the ITC's - an everlasting circluar debate coupled with the latest Onslaught (sorry Martin ;) and HW flamefests. Can't quite figure out the mystic meaning though...

Yours,
Yak

ps: If there are any digesters left in South Africa I'll be there in MArch and will be happy to bring along a copy or two of HW (if its out yet...). I know how awful the mailorder system is. - --
Dave Pearton
pearton_at_u.washington.edu

      "Its habit of getting up late you'll agree
         That it carries too far, when I say
       That it frequently breakfasts at five-o'clock tea,
         And dines on the following day.

The Hunting of the Snark, Lewis Carroll