Re: Morale

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:19:09 EST

In a message dated 2/16/00 12:28:28PM, you write:

<<
 The HW-Theo-Martin and others issue on combat and archers and betting leads  me to this idea:
 The most difficult factor to apply in all combat simulations I played at is  Morale.
 It heavily affects real battles, skirmishes and even melee and duels, but...

Morale is taken into account in HW, as I understand it, by treating it as an ability to be tested. Thus, if Hero with Scary Reputation (15W) faces Hardened Fearless warriors (12W), then they can 'contest' it out. How this actually affects the characters is down to the players (including in this term the Narrator) describing the actions/events.

Keith N

Keith N

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #397