Issaries & Argan Argar

From: Andrew Raphael <raphael_at_research.canon.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:26:07 +1100 (EST)

"Ilav Topix" <ilavtopix_at_hotmail.com> writes:
>>Andrew Larsen asked:

>> > 1) If Issaries traded away one of his Trade/Communication runes to
>> > Argan Argar, what did he get in return?

>>Access to the Black Market?
>>(Or: a lifetime supply of Trollkin Urine -- that priceless commodity?)

>To whom it may concern: perhaps Andrew deserved a more complex answer than
>this one (provided it - the answer- still made me laugh, mind you).

I think I shall rise to the challenge here. Let's take "Issaries traded his surplus Communication rune to Argan Argar" as canon. It's too good not to be true.

Issaries must have got something in return, and both went away happy with their trade. Why didn't, say, Lokarnos get the Communication rune? Argan Argar must have made a better offer.

Let's look for deitys with unexpected Darkness powers. What about Orlanth? Did he really wrest those Darkwalk sandals from Kyger Litor, or did Issaries just sell him some Underworld brothel creepers?