Re: Hero wars lists

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:36:41 GMT

Theo Posselt:
> The 'other list' at eGroups.com doesn't demand private information,
> but it also isn't a digest - I get a separate email for each message.
> Much messiness. Is there any way we can Digest it?

Only if the outgoing email gets sent somewhere capable of, and willing to, do the Digesting, which sort of defeats the purpose of having the list on one of those freebie wen thingies, in the first place.

Digests are Silly. I hate Digests, me. The only thing that makes Digests bearable is undigesting. So there.

OTOH, mailing lists in with your normal traffic in indeed very messy: so why not use mail-filtering, which does everything, from a receiver's POV that Digesting does, only better.

Cheers,
Alex.