Ivory Trade

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 17:51:06 +1300

Richard Crawley:

>Might there by a trade in ivory from somewhere along
>the edge of Valind's glacier?

In Fronela, Mammoths (and their human relatives) can be found as far south as Gharkor. There may even be Mammoths in Oranor, I don't know. Aggar also has Mammoths according to the Rough Guide to Glamour.

>Alternatively, maybe all
>the ivory comes from the south and is in short supply
>until a new route from the north is opened as lands in
>Fronela emerge from the effects of the Syndic's Ban?

It can't come from Pamaltela because of the Closing. It can come from Teshnos because Elephants are known there. It depends on whether you think Elephant Ivory is better than Mammoth Ivory or not.