Re: Economic Question

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:54:18 -0800

Matthew Thale asked

> What do you think is the best way to purchase Hero Wars in order to
> maximize Issaries Inc's profits and growth opportunities?

> 2. Purchasing through a local retailer is going to show the local
> retailer that the game is selling, and may help spread the word and
> make more sales, thus providing more profit to Issaries.

I'm not a marketer, but I do play one in real life. This is probably the best, because it gets the game before the public. The retailer might order another copy, and someone who isn't familiar with Glorantha might buy it.

Besides long-term keeping your local retailer in business, so the hobby can grow.

(Eric Rowe is a marketer, so listen to him when he says #2.)

Theo Posselt wrote:

> David Dunham replied to my wonderment: < what period are we talking
> about?>

Shouldn't be that surprising -- I've run pre-Darkness, Dawn Age, and late Imperial Age games, and am currently sporadically running early Imperial Age.

Glorantha's a big place, and your question about intercontinental trade made the Imperial Age Jrusteli leap to mind -- I'm sure this was a huge factor in their mercantile empire. I'm sure it was the only time in history when there was substantial north-south trade.