Big Woolly Mammoths

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 13:06:17 EST

Peter:

<< In Fronela, Mammoths (and their human relatives) can be found as far south as Gharkor. >>

     Actually mastodons, according to the latest draft of Anaxial's Record, although that isn't the final draft and it isn't as if there's a heck of a lot of a difference, anyway.

<<There may even be Mammoths in Oranor, I don't know. Aggar also has Mammoths according to the Rough Guide to Glamour. >>

     AR presently has mammoths as being native to 'southern Peloria'.

Ilav:

<<>I understand most ivory in medieval Europe was in fact >mammoth tusks from
what is now Belarus, Ukraine and >western Russia.  I didn't know this fact. It shocks me. Mammoth? Really? And the African elephants? What were they hunted down for, then?>>

     Ivory for use by the Africans? Mind you, widespread use of mammoth ivory is news to me, too - I'd have thought they'd have used walrus or something.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky