HW

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 00:44:37 +0800

>> 2) your opponent always has the option of pursuing the reverse strategy.
>
>Not if I zap him out in round one with a flukey/desperate action of my own.
>
>Being aware that the strategies are there is a good start.

        Sure. But you can't always pursue the little by little strategy to capitalise on your advantage, which is good, because it makes for boring play.

        Besides, there are all sorts of variant strategies you can play with in multiple combatant combats. A champion that the others consistently lend APs to, lots of augmentation magics, ganging up, maximising missile fire, switching opponents. Plus the normal strategies of changing between abilities until you find your opponents weak point, and the different betting strategies etc.

        HW can be a relatively tactically interesting game in the right hands.

	Cheers
		David