Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #411

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_jps.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:09:04 -0800

> Rod says:

That's Roderick, please, or Rory. I do not acknowledge "Rod" as a valid name.

> << The Food Thief and Hound Tower scenarios that were run at DDC are
> parts of the intro adventure set >>
>
> So I've been told. I was also told that 4 basic groups will be
> outlined - Ibex Moon, some others. Care to elaborate any more?

We have four Hero Bands described in the main text, and will have sample characters for at least 3 of them. I don't want to elaborate more because I'm in the middle of writing them up and need my writing time. In general, that's why I haven't been active on the list much. Once HW is out, I'll have a freer schedule and will be able to answer questions. There's also my NDA with Greg, so I can't give you too much inside scoop.

> Still, I feel that another, standalone scenario would be a good idea,
> to give newbies a stepping stone between the basic boxed set, and the
> full committment of SGU/Sartar Rising/whatever. But that's just my

As a general note to anyone that says "Issaries needs to publish X": Write one up & send it to Greg - he's looking for support material for the web page (no, I don't think he's paying for it, but it is a good way to get your writing in front of him if you are thinking of writing for HW).

Companies only publish what people are willing to write. Some game companies have their authors on staff and so can produce material with a specific tiome-line in mind. Others, like Issaries, rely solely on freelancers for their output, so cannot "target" specific areas of the world for books - they can ask for submissions on a certain area, but if no-one wants to write it, it won't get written. The books in the Issaries timeline are those that people are working on right now. Greg specifically asked people to write them, but he will need freelancers to sustain the effort.

Roderick
re-lurking