Mrs Eel

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:55:22 +1100

G'day all,

Mrs Eel

Scott Cogan asked:
>So does anybody know anything more about Sor-Eel's (presumably somewhat
>jaded) wife? Her name, perhaps?

Peter sez:
>>SorEel has a nephew by the name of Jaxarte Whyded so we know his wife
>>comes from the Whyded clan, which is stated to be "impoverished" but
>>"well-connected". A brother would be the uxorious Sir Arapiles
>>(ToTRM#5).

Good try, but Jaxarte's mother, Euridice Eel-Ariash, is the elder half-sister of Sor Eel. She actually married into the Whyded family, as Sir Arapiles fourth wife. See
<http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/jaxintro.htm> for more information.

>Since SorEel has been prefering Griselda's company, his private life
>seems to be typically complicated for a Lunar.

Agreed! Sor Eel's wife is never mentioned again (frex, she never appears in any of the Jaxarte stories), so maybe she got sick of the stinking hot, depressingly provincial Pavis and returned to the comforts of her husband's villa, just outside Carantes.

While I'm on the topic of young Jax, I thought you might like to know that I have just written two new stories: "Jaxarte and the Cradle" and "Jaxarte and the Demivierge". Both should appear in publications later this year!

Cheers,

MOB