Gians posting

From: Svechin_at_cs.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:46:41 EST

Personally I think Gian should be on the list as long as he wants.

I would say that the rules are there, but they can be tweaked or broken at times without too much difficulty. Actually, I must be immune to flames or something, because I'm buggured if I can see what Gian said that upset some folk.

Does anyone remember my discription of the Blue Vadeli necrophilial ritual? Way back in the good old days when we all had to wear asbestos underwear and kevlar vests to join the digest, when digesters where REAL digesters, when we had more flames than a napalm strike on a refinery! Them were the days. Nowadays I have to post a story called "Onslaught kills Harrek while sipping Tea" to get a good fight going.

Basically, I think that Gian should express himself, perhaps avoid abusing people personally, perhaps develop a thinker skin, but express himself nonetheless. I think the same standard is fine for us all BTW.

He also may have a point about his cultural background. Where I come from if someone insults you, you headbutt him straigh away, and he'd expect that response, otherwise he wouldn't have insulted me. However, with email, I had to get used to the paralysing frustration of wanting to rip out some cocky bastards windpipe and beat him to death with the tonsil end. However, I find out that they are 3000 miles away and I can't afford the planefare. DAMN!

So I vote for him staying on, cos he's no worse nor better than I am, and I'm still here.

Martin Laurie