Elfic HQs

From: Sergi Diaz <sergio.diaz_at_upcnet.es>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 23:06:01 +0100

> From Peter Metcalfe
> Subject: Elf Heroquests
>
> Sergi Diaz:
>
> Fight to preserve the forest in the Winter.
I like it. He is a Green Elf, so it would be realistic. And I could imagine a HQ for defending the forest against Chaos (Great Darkness), Dwarves (???), Trolls (???).
??? => Have you any idea about it?

> Slay Mostal with an Axe of Iron.

I didn't know this myth, where does it come from? An elf using Iron?? I didn't hear about it.

> Quest into Wonderhome to liberate Mee Vorala.
Yes, I will think about it.

> Any one of Errinoru's quests.

Yes but, will this HQ be available to Genertelan elves? at least I supose they aren't known very much...

>From mills_at_midohio.net (Joe Mills)
>Subject: Elflord quests

>Peter Metcalfe noted many epic possibilities, but in case your HQer is >not up to slaying Mostal with Death, then I have a few ideas from >Griffin Mountain, which I've been perusing again....
>
>a) The Bear King and an Elf Lord are defeated in battle (GM p.79)
OK

>b) Shanasse is first planted in Treetop Mountains, walks downslope and
>resettles, to begin his forest (GM p.79)
Hey!, this is good. The PC could want to begin a forest, so a HQ like this is needed.

>c) Elves of Elder Wilds participate in the creation of the Bright One >(GM p.6)
Mmm, I don't think it is suitable for this PC. But who knows...