Atheist HQs

From: Sergi Diaz <sergio.diaz_at_upcnet.es>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 23:05:47 +0100

> From Nick Brooke
> Subject: Atheist HQs
>
> Atheistic heroquesting should certainly be possible in Glorantha, but > people mean many different things when they talk about "atheists" so I > won't open that can of worms.

Well, to be more specific, an Apostate Dwarf (he was an Iron Dwarf before giving up Mostal) and a Sorcerer like Zzabur (not so powerful, of course :-) ).

>From TTrotsky_at_aol.com
>Subject: Re: Atheistic HQs

>OTOH, if you mean *real* atheists, like Zzaburi sorcerers,
Yes, it was the case.

> then they don't really HQ in the normal sense. They pop over to the >other side, of course, and gain powers from it in an analogous fashion >to HQing, but they don't re-enact myths. There are some reasonable >guidelines for what sorcerers *do* encounter on the Other Side, and >what it looks like to them, in the HW rulebook. There's also a sample >Zzaburi 'myth' in the current draft of Anaxial's Record, which will, >among other things, illustrate just how un-reenactable they are. Go on, >have a guess which of the following myths from AR is the Zzaburi one:
>
>Lodril Paints the Animals; The Profusion of Fish; The First Herd; >Gemara and Reladivus; The Creatures of Darkness; Artmal and the Dire >Beasts; Vrimak and Avarnia; Prosandara's Basket; Korgatsu the World >Dragon; How Cats Domesticated Humans; A Taxonomic Phylogeny of >Gloranthan Fauna.

The last one? :-P
Uff!, this is real strange. I think it will be difficult but, well, who says roleplaying is easy anyway?
What I can't imagine is what can be the drive of the PC, apart from gaining power or knowledge. Maybe if he is "tied" to his region or a group of people are under his protection he will have a motive. Another idea??