re: the death of Ilav

From: Dan McCluskey <daniem_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 17:19:20 -0800

I will certainly admit that I find Gian/Ilav to be somewhat over the top and unnescessarily volatile at times. HOWEVER, the uncalled for personal attacks launched at him by members of this digest is despicable. I am happy to overlook public jibing and possibly an occasianal cry of "wanker" every now and then. I certainly don't want to tie the tounges of those of us who may be >ahem< "irratable" at times. A certain amount of cliqueishness is unavoidable in a group as old and insular as this one. But this is insane.

I am Personally Embarrased that someone would claim me as part of a
"community" that would attack someone in this way.

IMESHO "Ilav" was NOT in violation of "rule 4" in any way, shape or form. He never claimed NOT to be Gian. He never DENIED being Gian. He even made several comments that indicated who he was, if you read closely. Rule 4 was enacted to protect people from anonymous lible, in response to one particular posting of a less-than-flattering news article about someone in the gloranthan community. The original rule 4 was "There is no rule 4". I think that it's a sad day when the "there is no rule 4" is used to deny someone who Loves Glorantha the "priviledge" of participating on this list.

That he was driven to a psudonym in the first place is bad enough. That some holier-than-thou PRAT would dare to imply that Gians participation
"damages the community" is Awful. Does anyone remember how we attacked
Trotskey whey he first showed up? Would Glorantha have been a better place if we'd have driven him out???

How DARE we?

What a bunch of WANKERS.

danm