Humakti discussion role-reversal?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:24:32 GMT

Martin war-stories:
> for the kill, Julan said "I surrender, you may claim my ransom." Wes was
> apoplectic, he couldn't kill him honourably as the man had put down his
> sword!!!! He had to take him prisoner!

Perhaps our (token) Elkenval Humakti weaponthane has been watching too many Clint movies, but I'm pretty certain he'd have sliced and diced, and if anyone had objected afterwards about killing an unarmed man, he'd have observed "He should have armed himself, then"... Formally refusing to accept the surrender before doing so is an optional-extra nicety...

In this case, if the problem was the wording of his oath being 'blade to blade', then it's his own daft fault. What would he have done if Julan had come at him with a Great Maul, fergoodnesssakes...

Cheers,
Alex.