Re: Lee Gold & Alarums&Excursions

From: RobMH_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 22:43:31 EST

In a message dated 26-Feb-00 10:57:33 Pacific Standard Time, Alan Brain writes:
 And one of the nicest people you could ever want to meet. So's Barry,  her husband. Good Filksinger too. I thought more people would get the  reference to the Mostali encampment Llianbarigold mentioned on this  list.
 Anyone else familiar with "Alarums & Excursions?" >>

Alan,
By happy coincidence, five minutes before I read your post I wrote a check to send to Lee to restart my A&E subscription. For a lark, Jonathan Tweet and I have decided to rejoin A&E for a year. The fact that we're both gonna do at least a one-page zine every month should help us both keep on track. And I'm gonna see if I can get some other friends who used to be in the zine to come back for a while during the year. // The last time I saw an issue of A&E, you and Michael Cule were both contributing, so I hope you're still involved with it now.

For those of you who don't know the zine, A&E is an old-time monthly fanzine. Contributors pay a bit of money to subsidize printing costs. Most material concerns rpgs, though conversations stray as much or more than gaming table conversations.

Relative to the thrill-a-minute world of the web, A&E is something of a dinosaur, but when it's rolling strong it's a fun dinosaur, and I'm looking forward to riding it for awhile.