Re: Alynxes

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:49:47 EST

Oliver Bernuetz:

<< Of course alynxes aren't lynxes. In fact despite the name I've never pictured
 them as looking like lynxes which are pretty atypical for cats. Do they look  more like wild cats? >>

     "A small to medium sized feline with a bobbed tail, distinctive side whiskers, and noted for its silent movement. They are usually dark, occasionally with darker spots or stripes" says Anaxial's Record. Probably sleeker than an actual lynx, IMO, but resembling them more than, say, a puma. We're specifically told that the murni breed, which is smaller than any RW lynx/bobcat, still has 'distinctive mutton chops and a bobbed tail'.

     Incidentally, the current draft of AR tells us that there are proper bobcats in Peloria and Fronela - this is, however, subject to confirmation. Five other species of small Genertelan wild cat are also mentioned in passing, plus, of course, lions, tigers and sakkars.

Forward the glorious Red Army!
Trotsky