Alynxes

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:07:51 +0800

        I always figured the variation in size of alynxes was much the same, and for the same reason, as dogs (only a little less so). I don't really see the reason to bring quasi-dogs like coyotes and wolves into it.

        Most domestic alynxes are from populations that have had centuries of breeding, and been bred for particular purposes. Hence large variations. They can still interbreed, just like dogs.

        I imagine breeding alynxes is a bit more difficult than breeding dogs. On the other hand, the variations between breeds are less (as you would expect), and perhaps the Yinkin cult magics (and the occasional awakened alynx) makes the difference.

	Cheers
		David