Demivierge

From: James Chapin <71022.1646_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 03:30:52 -0500

Message text written by INTERNET:glorantha_at_chaosium.com

"My whole message came about because of one li'll typo of yours: the ruler
of
Rhigos is called the "Demivierge", but you forgot the "i". (Check the RQ Companion or go to Joerg's page if you want to make sure.) Now, this is pure
french, "vierge" means "virgin" (usually female) or "maiden" & "demi" means
"half". So that we get the "Half-a-Virgin" or "Half-a-Maiden" of Rhigos.
Now
the question is, "how the lunar hell do you become one ?!!". Since first I learned of the existence of the _Infamous_ Demivierge of Rhigos, I have kept
this question at the back of my mind. Maybe one day I would get the answer, either from a published source or from the arkati-shaman-trickster himself ?"

In the real world, it meant a girl who would do anyything except genital intercourse to satisfy a man. It was a common phenomenon in the days when virginity was the "coin of the realm," and, apparently, is once again becoming quite common in American high schools.

Jim Chapin