Heler in Prax ?

From: Julian Lord <julianlord_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:32:40 +0100 (CET)

Gian :

> Is Genert anyway connected with Heler, I wonder?

No he isn't. Heler is an Orlanthi god, and has little connection (if any) with the Praxians. Genert's mythology could only be very tangentially linked to Heler's older stories, at best. Also, Genert is dead.

> I assumed that, since Heler is a Stormy God-lass and
> since Winds are so strong in Prax (Urox's Breath et
> cetera) even Heler could be strong, there. At least
> I never read the opposite.

Praxian shamans cannot contact Heler. They may (or may not) have their own rain spirits, who would be much much weaker than Heler. The strongest 'rain' spirit in Prax is the Dew Maiden, I think.

Also, the Praxian Storm Bull is very similar to the Orlanthi Urox ; but not *exactly* the same. One difference of the Praxian cult would be
non-association with minor Orlanthi cults, IMO. Also, the Storm Bull actually *prevents* rainfall (he is associated with sand/dust storms), rather than potentially assisting it, IMO.

In western Prax, rain is the province of Orlanth, I think, unless this has been changed for HW.

I have no idea who (if anyone) governs rain in the Wastes. Weak rain spirits, possibly.

Any help ?

Julian Lord

Do You Yahoo!?
Achetez, vendez! _at_ votre prix! Sur http://encheres.yahoo.fr