Love and Death

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 12:50:47 +0800

> Once I'd have liked to add a character in my campaign who embodied the
>dichotomy death/sex but I was stopped from doing so by runic determinism: if
>Uleria personifies Love and Love is the expression of Fertility and
>Fertility is opposed to Death and Death is expressed (also) by War, how
>would such a character come to term with her two natures?
	Unifying the opposed is not impossible, but it is rather special.
	For example, embodieing both Love and Death would not be unusual
for a Lunar (and some Lunar cults have been said to have both the Life and Death runes). Illumination probably helps.

        Its not that Love and Death are completely incompatible - but unifying Love and Death is not what Uleria is all about.

	Cheers
		David