Charismatic Wisdom

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:24:35 +1300

Greg the RuneMaster:

>Just a little question : in the french edition of the Gods of
>Glorantha (Les Dieux de Glorantha, edited by Oriflam) there is a
>desciption of the Path of immanent mastery. The text explain that a
>student can learn the skill "Charismatic Wisdom" but there's no
>explaination of this skill. I would like to know if there is a
>description of this skill in the original edition or elsewhere and, if
>you can give it. Thank you all.

        Charismatic Wisdom Special

	This special skill cannot be improved by normal means.  Instead,
	when the cultist is first accepted, he gains a score in this
	skill equal to his (INT+POW)-20.  No category modifiers apply.
	This skill may only be increased by research on the part of the
	lay student himself.  At any time, the student may attempt a
	skill roll against his Charismatic Wisdom before a panel of
	members of the inner circle.  Success indicates that he is
	accepted as a full initiate of the cult.  If he fails, 3D6
	percentiles is subtracted from his Charismatic Wisdom skill.  If
	he fumbles, then he dies during the test and his body is destroyed.

	This skill has abosolutely no value outside of obtaining
	membership in the Inner Circle of the cult.  It is concerned
	solely with knowledge of the inner cult secrets, which are
	uninteresting and incomprehensible to outsiders.

	If at any time a character's Charismatic Wisdom score drops to
	0% or below, he is immediately released from the cult and cannot
	return until he has fulfilled all the normal requirements.  POW
	previously sacrificed in acceptance does count towards his chances
	of acceptance
			Gods of Glorantha p46.

Rick Meints states that Sandy is always putting down the description of this cult so feel free to substitute your own definition. I personally dislike the first sentence of the second paragraph and feel that the strength of one's draconic transformations should depend on the Charismatic Wisdom score.