Gollum's questions

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:52:27 +1300

Master Gollum:

>1) Who is Starblow? What is the Battle of Queens?

Kallyr Starbrow was the Queen of the Kheldron Tribe who lead a revolt against the Lunar Empire in 1613. For her part, she was exiled in the resulting peace negotiations (sparked by the appearance of a claimant to throne of Sartar) and is now in Heortland. She has a star upon her brow which was given to her by her divine lover, whom I think is Orlanth.

She will return in 1625 and cause the brown dragon to devour half the Lunar Army. For her deeds, she will be acclaimed Queen of Sartar (ahead of Argrath!) and rule until 1630 whereupon she kills Gunda the Guilty and is killed by Harrek in return. Upon her death, Argrath takes over as Prince of Sartar and plays down her accomplishments.

The Battle of Queens was a battle fought in 1626 between the Sartarites and the Tarshites, where the Creek meets the Upland Marsh. Kallyr was said to have been killed in the battle (by teleporting lunar soldiers) whereupon Queen Leika of the Colymar took command and managed to win the battle and force the Tarshites to retreat to Aldachur.

>2)I'm writing a page of Sartar, someone know the name of 24 orlanthi
>clans? I discover the name of them in a map of Prax: Amad, Tutaros,
>Tres, Bachad, Torkani, Dinacoli, Princeros, Malani, Cinsia, Vantaros,
>Culbrea, Colymar, Aranwyth, Balmyr, Cultain, Sylangi, Lokaem, Dundealos,
>Balkoth, Kheldon, Sambari, Lismelder and !?Ducks!? <-- They are an
>orlanthi tribe??

The Sylangi are not a Sartarite tribe, but a Volsaxi one and incorporate the old Kultain tribe as of 1619 (Lunar invasion of Heortland). The Dundealos Tribe have been replaced by the Enstalos after the former revolted in 1618. AFAIK the Ducks are one of the tribes that make up Sartar and the Telmori are the only one that you have left out.

The twenty-fourth tribe probably is the Maboder who were destroyed in 1606.

>3)I don't understand the role of sartar telmoris after the lunar
>invasion of Sartar. They was alied of Lunar?

No. In 1607, they devoured the Maboder tribe, who were Lunar sympathizers that had refused to fight for Sartar in 1602. Whereupon Jomes Wulf lead Lunars forces to subjugate the Telmori. He appropiated some Telmori land (that formerly belonged to the Maboder) and converted it to a fief of his that he called Wulfsland.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #464