RPG

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:43:34 +0200

Me:
<< Personally I think RPG can achieve much more than just simple "having fun", and striving to get closer to the mentioned level 3 is definitely one of the keys. >>

Ah, but does that mean that anyone who disagrees with you is somehow not gaming properly? Presumably that isn't what you mean...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky

You're right, I don't mean that. People are of course free to play in whichever style they prefer. I just said I can understand and even agree on trying to aim for depth and believability. I do think there is a lot more to gain by taking this route.

The reason I responded to this thread at all was because I was rather surprised at the somewhat rabid denial of the original wrighters position. Just because he used an apparent "value judgement", which has for some strange reason become a tabu and a swearword.

Anyway, let's get back to Glorantha.

        -Adept

"thinker, dreamer and adventurer"