SuperHero Wars

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 12:28:24 EST

In a message dated 3/16/00 11:16:40PM, you write:

<<

 I specifically wanted some input on using Hero Wars as the engine wherein  to play 4-color comic book superheroes. It looks very nicely made for it.>>

I agree, it is almost more like a superhero rpg than a 'fantasy' (whatever that means) rpg. However, I too was fooled into thinking it was a blatant attempt to rubbish the narrative character creation method by deliberate power gaming.

<< That is why I posted those descriptions--what would Superman and Batman's
 writeups be if modelling them using Hero Wars? >>

Since they are already powerful, much more so than normal humans, I would make the starting characteristics more high level; a few levels of mastery for the top ability? Incredible Hulk versus Harrek anyone?

But I would suggest that Comic Super Heroes is more a subject for a HW rules list rather than the Glorantha Digest.

Keith N

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #470