Dragonewt feeding habits

From: Graham J Robinson <gjr_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:48:56 +0000 (GMT)

>In the Real World, hunter/gatherers spend surprisingly little time
>hunting and gathering. I can't find a quick reference to this with
>Google, so I'll leave it to our resident anthropologists to correct me.
>;-)

Certainly early settlers on Orkney have been estimated to have spent an average of about an hour a day on finding and preparing food. This did include some farming - grain, sheep and pigs - along side a large amount of hunting/gathering. None of which is beyond the capabilities of Dragonewts. And as has been pointed out, reptiles need less food than mammals anyway.

My own take on Dragonewts is that they only eat irregularly, and for mystical rather than sustenance reasons. Any being that grow itself a new body is sufficiently far from our reality that a little thing like three square meals a day isn't going to slow it down.

Graham

Tact, noun:
 The unsaid part of what you are thinking.