Re: Kethaa and Entru

From: Joerg Baumgartner <jorganos_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:18:06 CET

>>Mythically, the people of Wenelia are the descendants of Kethaa and Entru.

Christoph Kohring

>Who are they ? I half-remember the Entruling tribe. Were they in any way
>connected with Aram-Ya-Udram ?

Yes. Apart from Nick's story, there is some info in the Broken Council guidebook. Basically, they are non-Heortling Orlanthi of Maniria who appear as foes e.g. in the Arrowmound saga, as allies elsewhere (Aram ya Udram). They seem to be pig-people, have a greater friendship towards darkness than the Heortlings, and they seem to embrace novelty as a virtue (conversions to Lightbringer and Malkioni ways, Tusk Riders) without giving up some of their basics (pigs...).

I don't know what their relation was to the urban people of pre-Darkness Slontos (the builders of Erenplose, below the Mournsea since the first flooding of Slontos, and its sister cities). They might even be savage descendants of those people - a trend similar to the degradation of the Praxian Golden Age people.

>And what about Mralot/ Mralota the boar-go(dess ?) in connection with the
>boar-people (or is it pig-people ?) of Wenelia ?

There has to be a connection. My personal opinion is that they had some Golden Age "urban" culture (comparable to the arsenic copper axe culture of Stone Age Anatolia) based on agriculture and pig-herding which degraded under the onslaught of the Gods War into a few stubborn city sitters and a majority of boar-Hsunchen or savage proto-Orlanthi with strong porcine ties (the main difference would be the shape-changing, and as some people say, who would notice if a Wenelian grew a snout, or add a bit more coarse hair on their backs). They (re-?) adopted the divine worship when the Lightbringer missionaries contacted them during the first century after the Dawn (possibly earlier for those settling in Heortling territory, like the Aramites).

>Christoph, an inquiring cow-lover in the Land of the Switzers

Heortlings seem to have strict views on Bestiality. Sheep are all right, but... ;)