OT bear joke

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:59:49 GMT

<<From: "George W. Harris" <gharris_at_mindspring.com> Subject: White Bear Red Face
>Researchers asked a question like "All bears north of
>the arctic circle are white. Jon saw a bear while north of the arctic
>circle. What color was the bear?" A westerner would answer, "White,"
>but Siberian nomads would all say, "I don't know, why don't you ask
>Jon?" Interesting roleplaying challenge!

        I (a westerner) would ask "Where was the bear?". He might have seen it in a nature documentary about Yellowstone on Alaskan Public Television.>>

Our (Italian) answer usually is "Jon was one meter north of the arctic. Was the bear one meter or more south of it? then it (the bear) could be of any colors". This is a pure skeptic answer.
Ciao
Gian