MGF Argrath

From: Svechin_at_cs.com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:26:47 EST

>The MGF Argrath is "any guy who happened to get the title of liberator
>during the Hero Wars".

Agreed! This also was the approach Robin Laws took and Greg too, in the Sartar stuff first written for HW. The many Argraths in there were the source for my Gwandor campaign which is led by Argrath Dragonfriend. So far there is Argrath Maniskisson, Whitebull, Sharpsword and Kallyr is also an Argrath. Who knows who else will appear. For the story of the many Argraths meeting (and squabbling) at Bullford, you can read the Gwandor saga on Wesleys site. I believe my quote at the time was - "I'm Argrath and so is my wife!"

>Why is this MGF? It means that the players have a chance of playing
>"Argrath" rather than just being anonymous and forgotten flunkies for the
>"true" Argrath.

Precisely and I think this is what Greg was aiming for. He even told me that on the phone last year, that this was part of the HW concept.

Martin Laurie