Re: Lunar Humakti

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_tin.it>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:36:05 +0100

[Me]

> > IMO there are many Humakti in the Provincial Army.

[Martin Laurie (who knows the Immediate Reply in Lunar Threads Feat)]

> Yes there are! Also in the Imperial army, though the caveat to
> that is that they are mostly Carmanian Humakti.

        But IMO in the Provincial Army there are a lot of "normal" Humakti. Young warriors from, say, Talastar or Tarsh who abandoned their clan, became mercenaries, devoted to Humakt and joined the greatest army in the world to visit strange places, meet exotic people... And exterminate them! ;)

        Joking aside, I think that one of the "evil" influences of the Empire over young Orlanthi is that it draws them away from their family and clan. They have a chance to travel the world, to be part of something bigger than their stead: the elder's traditions against the restlessness of youth. HW-wise, the essay that describes them would read: "... They renounced their clan as Humakt renounced his, so that the other clansmen would not be held responsible for what they did afterward." and, as an additional trait, they would lose the relationship with the clan, perhaps turning it into a personality trait. Of course they would favor the war aspect of Humakt over the death aspect. Maybe they don't even believe that Humakt reconciled with Orlanth, or that he is Orlanth's fifth weapon.

        But maybe I'm pushing it too far... Take all of the above as a morning ramble driven by an all-too-short sleep, please!

	Cheers,
	A sleeping Alex.