Re: Complicated Glorantha

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_tin.it>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:36:13 +0100

[Richard Crawley]

> It's a long time since I first began (1982) but I do recall that
> at first I was
> more excited about Runequest as a system and the kind of role-playing
> it seemed to encourage (as opposed to D&D and T&T) than I was about
> Glorantha.

        Me too (although I began later than you)! I already knew and liked the BRPS, and I converted to RQ because of Vikings - still my favorite RQ supplement. At the time I loved historical settings and gritty realistic systems. The latter were quite fashionable *then*.

> Will Hero Wars have a similar effect on today's neophytes?

        I think so. It's a really storytelling system, in the sense that it encourages you to tell and write stories, and is very experimental and innovative (mind-stretching, some might say).

	Cheers,
	A viking Alex.