RE: The Glorantha Digest V7 #487

From: Bob Stancliff <stancliff_at_ccgnv.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:56:05 -0500

>From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
>Subject: Low Magic
>> I have gotten the impression that HW lists heroic feats, but spells
are
>> averaged into the skill ranking. All sorcerous, divine and spirit
spells
>> would end up being treated as skill adds or augments when a character
is
>> converted. Detail is sacrificed for convenience and speed.
>
>But what if one is playing a game wherein a single W is truly rare
>and marvelous to behold?

        You would have to be playing the equivalent of beginners RQ not to have any masteries on the battlefield. Any RQ skill can convert to HW at about 4:1 or 5:1 so anybody with a modified combat skill between 100% and 200% will roughly convert to an augmented skill between 1W and 20W... all IMO.

        If you use the 4:1 conversion, mastery (1W) is achieved at 84% and 1WW equates to 164%, a value that is very reachable in RQ with spells.

        For what it's worth, I see no fundamental distinction between HW and Super RQ. The important change is the comparing of skill levels and a new sense of interpreting heroic deeds.
Stancliff