GimGim

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 07:31:12 GMT

<<From: Ian Thomson <arkat_at_primus.com.au> Subject: Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #467 totally unthreaded question:
I remember reading somewhere that there is a definite date Gim Gim returned to the Heartlands (in disgrace?)
perhaps my memory is faulty, as I have failed to refind this reference hopefully someone can help me

Ehi, sorry for the delay. I've been fairly busy these last weeks. I read this only today (11 days of delay, I am getting better).

I don't know about the return of GimGim to the Heartland. I remember distinctly reading (in KoS) that when that WhiteHat of Argrath finally entered Pavis as the official Ruler of the city , followed by Bison and Rhino Hordes, he was ambushed by a demon called JimJim and he defeated it.

I read this passage as an hint that:
1) the true nature of GimGim is demonic (read as highly Lunar magic) and totally opposed to Dragon/Orlanthi/Praxian magic. 2) He kept his place (perhaps as a BlackFang Lord) until the last remnants of the Lunar Garrison left the City.
3) He was killed by Argrath.

This is no canon. This is my inferential speculations on GimGim's Character.

Ciao
Gian