Lady of the Wild

From: Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:25:00 -0500

Julian Lord wondered :

>Every time I need to use that concept, my fingers write 'devotee of the
>Lady of the Wild', instead. Anyone know any other names/titles/keywords
>for her ?

In my Balazar she's called the Wild Mother and no follower of Foundchild would do anything but offer her propitiatory worship for the reason that they
would fear losing their connection to their community if they worshipped her actively. She far too scary a entity to worship and stay human which is a big concern for the Balazarings.

She's the source of wild animals and plants and they're grateful to her for that but she is not worshipped (there at least) by humans. Her followers
are the intelligent animals, the tonah spirits and the hunting nymphs. Foundchild provides all the magic and tools needed to hunt animals.

Oliver D. Bernuetz
www.geocities.com/bernuetz
bernuetz.oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #500