Stygians and henotheists

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:30:53 +1200

David Dunham:

>I believe that "Stygian heresy" and "henotheism" are synonyms -- they
>mean essentially the same thing. They do have different distinctions
>- -- the Stygian heresy frequently is used to refer to a form of
>henotheism that involves darkness deities -- but I think it's
>possible to use one or the other.

Although I agree, I don't think anybody calls themselves Stygians and only one creed describes itself as Henotheist to which I get the impression they've adopted a derogatory word as a badge of pride.

Also I'd say that very few henotheists in Safelster worship darkness deities and most of them think darkness deities are bad. Hence calling them Stygians or referring to the Dark Empire is a surefire way to get up their nose. Henotheists is also objectionable to a lesser degree.