Lunars versus the West

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 20:24:06 +1200

Gian Gero:

>Hypothetically, then, the Lunar Army (stronger than the
>Carmanian one) should crush the western armies of Fronela or Seshnela
>easily, provided they come in contact. Is that true?

I don't think so. King Pyrrhus knew all the preceding doctrines about combined arms by heart (and he was thought to be one of the great Successor generals of his time) yet he still took heavy losses when fighting the Romans who had none of his advantages.

Loskalm's army is superbly equipped and is excellently trained. It has the singular disadvantage of not having any battlefield experience since the Ban fell and the further (shared) disadvantage in that it has to fight the Kingdom of War really soon. If it manages to survive the coming decade, then the Lunar Army will consider the Loskalmi to be very formidable indeed.

What the Seshnegi lack in Loskalmi equipment and training, they make up for with proven battlefield experience. I don't think they would be easily defeated by the Lunar Army either.