Welsh and Culture

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 23:30:58 +1200

Howard Fielding:

>At at what level of social development was
>Welsh culture? Certainly far above the level I would consider "Hsunchen".

It depends on who you talk to. Which is why I've avoided discussing the welsh parallel with respect to the Hsunchen to spare English readers from excessive irony.

The Welsh in the longbow period (when Good King Edward I was bringing them the fruits of civilization and giving them a prince worthy of them) might be considered barbarians in RQ terms. They are certainly a valid model of what the Rathori will become if they gave up their hsunchen ways and adopted Malkionism.