Sheng and Kralorela

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 23:18:15 +1200

Gian Gero:

>I am interested to know how the victories of Sheng or of Genghis
>influenced Kralori/chinese warcraft.

The military ended up with a very bad reputation AFAIK considering the sequence of Sheng's conquests. They embarked on many desperate and dubious stratagems of which very few worked and those that did only had a limited effect. The Kralori finally managed to cast Sheng down through draconic devotions and not through battlefield victories. Some (but not all) of the military reputation was regained by the reconquest of Boshan.

>Sheng fell because his flaws were pitilessly exploited by the cunning
>Lunars, or so I imagine the essential plot of those obscure events.

Sheng fell because he had one great big flaw. However this was virtually impossible to exploit which explains why he was so successful in the century preceding his great fall.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #519