Re: Orlanthi Initiation

From: aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:04:51 -0500

>From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
>Subject: Orlanthi initiation.
>
>I ran the following game tonight to introduce my new players to RQ and
>to Glorantha. I wanted to start with tribal initiation at 15 (I'm a big
>fan of starting them there but the second week is going to start with:
>what with one thing and another, five years pass.)

        I really liked what you described here. In my game, I had the characters sit through a brief recitation of the LBQ, in which they gradually wound up replaying the roles of the various Lightbringers.

        Speaking of initiation, does anyone have any thoughts on ceremonies for making a character a Rune priest or Rune lord? Three of my PCs are right on the edge of hitting one or the other of these, and I'd like to do some nifty stuff for them. I haven't had a chance to give it much thought, but a small quest and metting with the relevant diety seems right.

Andrew E. Larsen