Martin sums up, and I agree.

From: Steve Lieb <steve_at_necadon.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:21:53 -0500

> I would agree that the Rathori are not going to field volley fire archery
> units or any kind of disciplined body. I do think however that they would

> have been hired enmasse on several occasions and told to "stand over there
in
> a big clump please" and this would not be beyond them given that:
>
> a). They know how to stand
> and
> b) They can all eventually be pointed in the right direction.
> and
> c) they can be stopped from killing each other at least when facing a
real
> foe.

All wholeheartedly seconded.
And IMO, being bear hsunchen, I think they'd be pretty nasty in a fight.

> Furthermore, I think that this would eventually begin to have an effect on

> their culture, much as any barbarian people were changed by interacting
with
> civilised folk.

I liked the point someone (?) made that the Rathori eventually will be similar to Welsh. Not a bad analogy, if you wanted to play up the archery thing. Are the Rathori particularly BETTER archers than any other hsunchen?

<snip a lot of valid conclusions>

> So to recap, the Rathori are not organised warriors, but they are evolving

> that way. The HW will speed up this process very quickly IMO.

Is the White Bear *really* dead in the permanent "no it's not even going to come back during the Hero Wars" really, really dead sense? It seems that this could be another wild card thrown into the pot in that otherwise quiescent region - sure, the Loskalmi and the KoW are going to have it out, but it seems that the reawakening of the White Bear would be just another climactic event (totally aside from my general fondness for anything northern, brutal, and cold showing up in the perrenially Californian and Sunny Glorantha....). If they come back, then in my game they're going to kick butt. :)