Ormsgone Vale

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 12:27:22 +1200

Joe Mills:

>What's the best source of info on Ormsgone Valley?

Genertela book p58, and the illustration on p61. The valley is inhabited by a Huge Red Dragon and it was once the residence of the Great Dragon that was central to EWF plans (Glorantha Book p22). At the Dragonkill War, the Great Dragon arose (Glorantha Book p24) leaving behind the valley although it was not the largest dragon. After the War, the Red Dragon settled there.

 From Elder Secrets p16, there might be the remains of a city named Harna Gamoon in the area (although it could just as easily be elsewhere).

>Would the inhabitants be Hsunchen or Heortling?

I think they would be Alakoring Orlanthi. They probably settled at the same time as Arim the Pauper did.

>*How* did they resist Tarsh?

The Red Dragon is there and his presence probably prevents the Glowline from manifesting there, putting Lunars at a disadvantage there. One could conquer the tribes there in a extended campaign but the cost is too large for such a backward region _and_ such a conflict would probably get the Red Dragon excited which no sane person would want.