Re: Polar Bears

From: Andreas Mueller <mueller_at_faw.uni-ulm.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:12:32 +0200

Bruce Hollebone: hollebon (at) cyberus (dot) ca
> scouts? You betcha. One-on-one, who would you pick: a 500 kg bear
> that can outrun a horse (for a couple of hundred metres) or a light
> lancer?

In RQ transformation magic did not alter the weight respectively size. At first I found this ridiculous (Size 13 Dragons, how scaring ;-), but it makes perfect sense from a point of game balance and physics (no instant gain/loss of matter).
Has this changed with HeroWars-Rules?
When picking between a 70 kg bear and a light lancer, I would pick the lancer ;-)
On the other hand, one should never underestimate surprise. But the same conclusion can't be drawn, since a rider is far taller than a harp seal and thus has a far better view of the surroundings. (Sorry for this miserable English)

> Doing my bit to promote the grim and terrible north in SoCal
> Glorantha (great line!), I remain,

Very good job, I hope I won't ever meet a polar bear!

Cheers,

Andreas