Long distance communications

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 16:20:54 +1200

James Turner:

>Long distance communication in Glorantha.

>How is it done?

They use Moonboats now in the Lunar Empire. There are examples of magical communication in their history such as the angels sent to spread the word of the Senate's existence to other gods and goddesses of the land, or the messengers sent to perform Yelmgatha's muster. But their circumstances indicate that they are only used for important or ritualized occasions.

I'm not aware of any magical communications in the West apart from the existence of Yingar the Messenger, who brings word of import from Malkion to Mankind. Churches, sorcery schools, guilds etc. may have some sort of method but I doubt that it is used very often.